The 1987 Robocop movie pretty much predicted everything accurately. I’ve always thought the same thing, but this was a cool breakdown.
– the notion of “singularity.
– the dominance of the Ford Taurus
– that robots can’t climb stairs
– crony capitalism
– ruinous public sector unions
– that Detroit would become a crumbling disaster area
– that commercial real estate development will reshape entire cities in super-short timeframes
– that law enforcement would regard citizens as guilty until proven innocent
– the normalization of military contractors in civilian life
– that Susan Faludi was wrong about women in action movies (that it is unusual for an action movie to not feature a strong female lead capable of taking down any bad guy she meets)