Recently I asked you to fill out a survey and give feedback on the topics you’d like to see here. Many more people responded to the survey than I planned on, which is great (thank you). Today, I’ll show you the results of the feedback and what I plan on changing because of it.
In terms of the ranking of the topics you’d most like to read about here, this is the result of the survey, in order of which you all asked for the most:
1. Economics / Finance
2. Moving abroad / Living abroad
3. Alpha Male 2.0 lifestyle stuff I can’t fit over at the Blackdragon blog
4. Personal stories / Events that happen to me
5. International Travel
6. Politics (political events, commentary, analysis)
8. Movies (particularly guy movies: action movies, superhero geek stuff, etc.)
10. Fun stuff (blackjack, etc.)
Economics and Finance was in first place by a large margin, so clearly you guys want to hear more about that. Moving abroad, Alpha 2.0 stuff, and personal stories all pretty much tied for second place. Travel, politics, and books were also tightly together for a virtual third place. Movies and fun stuff came in at the bottom.
In the comments, many of you asked for more book reviews and discussion, and wanted me to keep going with the moving out of the country and political topics.
72% of you said long and short blog posts are both fine with you, and another 12% didn’t care. So I’ll keep that format (short or long as needed).
When I asked if you prefer two blog posts a week or more, you guys are split down the middle. 52% of you said two posts a week are plenty, and 48% of you said I should post more often.
So going forward, I’ll keep the two posts a week schedule (usually Monday and Thursday mornings) but I will post in addition to that if I run across something I consider very noteworthy (like a news event), interesting, and on-topic to this blog.
Because I’m sticking with this two-posts-a-week schedule, I’m going to dump the less popular topics to make room for the more popular ones. Here are the topic changes I will make as of now:
1. I will no longer post mini movie reviews or any other movie reviews. The only time I will post a movie review is if I come across a movie I find unusually amazing (like Captain America: Civil War).
2. I will no longer post about purely recreational stuff. My blackjack series is pretty complete anyway.
3. I will start posting more articles on economics/finance. I was very happy and pleasantly surprised you guys want to talk about this; I figured most of you weren’t interested, but clearly the vast majority of you are.
Note that economics/finance does not mean business or business advice. Economics/finance means things like economic trends, macroeconomics, investing, forecasting, and things of that nature. If you want business techniques, you’ll have to either buy my book or go over to the Sublime Your Time blog. Beyond that, I don’t give business advice for free. Feel free to check out my business coaching here or here if you’re serious about making more money. (I have many more business books, services, seminars/workshops, and even videos in the works right now. Oh boy. I’ll talk about them publicly when they’re ready.)
4. I will start posting more Alpha Male 2.0 stuff and stories from my life that relate to that topic.
5. I will start posting more book reviews. Fiction and nonfiction.
6. I will definitely keep going with the moving out of the country stuff. This is definitely a journey we’re taking together, and I’m learning more about this every week.
As I said in the last post about this, I’m also going to be making many technical enhancements here over the next few weeks to make this a better blog for you.
Thanks for your readership. This blog has been a lot of fun for me and I hope I can bring you more valuable information to you in the future.