On June 23rd, our British brothers will be voting on whether or not to leave the EU. Obviously, they should. As I’ve been saying for 15 years, the EU is a corrupt, fascist, elitist boondoggle that enriches a handful of elites at the expense of everyone else. Here’s why…
The UK sends the EU £350 million a week (!!!). What do UK citizens get for this? (source)
1. The EU pays organizations (using taxpayer money) to call for the EU to be given more power.
2. Members of the EU parliament make 740% more than the average EU citizen, and get things like free haircuts and 52 gallons of gas a month, as well as private malls just for them where normal citizens aren’t allowed to shop.
3. Every time citizens of EU countries vote down EU treaties, the EU either makes them vote again or simply ignores the vote and proceeds anyway. If the EU were a country applying to join itself, it would be rejected on the grounds of being insufficiently democratic.
4. Southern EU countries are waving in millions of third-world immigrants knowing that these people will simply go north to the wealthier nations with larger welfare states (Germany, Sweden, the UK, etc.).
5. The EU has destroyed England’s fishing industry in many areas, because of EU laws restricting the British from fishing in their own waters (and often giving fishing rights to other EU nations).
6. Non-EU nations like Switzerland, Iceland, Guernsey, and others are experiencing strangely good economic conditions as compared to EU nations, like high GDP, low unemployment, high standard of living, and low crime. Hmmmm. Yet these nations still benefit from the EU since they can still trade with them. (I know this might be a shock to many, but you can still trade with the EU if you’re not living in a EU member nation. I make a lot of money selling to individuals and companies in the EU, and last time I checked the United States wasn’t a member of the EU.)
7. Since the late 1980s, every time the UK voted against a EU legislative proposal, the UK lost the vote. 70 times. What a great deal for the UK! Is the UK exerting influence over the EU, or the other way around?
How Obvious is This?
Clearly the UK needs to leave the EU. The problem is, we’re talking about Europeans here, and Europeans are suicidal. Recent polls show that the EU gets a shocking 51% approval rating in the UK, and 70% of the UK think it would be a “bad thing” if the UK left the EU. Looks like the elites will win this one once again (but you never know; polls can be odd things.)
To my European brothers, dammit, look….I love you guys. I’m going to be in London and Rome this October and I can’t wait. But most of you are so addicted the concept of government-worship that I doubt this vote to leave the EU will pass, even though it’s so blatantly obvious that it should.
In an upcoming post I will demonstrate the economics of the EU, and how it’s really a scheme the elites cooked up to force money from richer, harder-working European nations (like Germany) to poorer, lazier nations (coughGreececough), while the elites take their cut off the top.
The counterargument to leaving the EU is that there may be a recession. This is likely true, a temporary one while the economy adjusts. Going off heroin is a painful process, but once you get over withdraws, you live a happy and productive life. The UK, after a possibly brief painful period, will experience an economic boom just like the other non-EU European nations currently are.
Edit/Update: Since first writing this blog post, the elites in the UK have attempted to shift the focus of this issue to a individual psycho who was (likely) on psychotropic drugs who shot someone with a handgun (Wait a minute! I thought handguns were illegal in the UK? You mean guns laws don’t work???) while allegedly shouting pro-Brexit stuff during the murder. Regardless of the details of this case, it has absolutely, positively, nothing whatsoever to do with the issue of Brexit. It has to do with psychos and psychotropic drugs causing gun crime. And I’ll say it again: handguns are illegal in the UK. Explain to me how those gun laws work again? Oh, and he stabbed his victim too. How are knives controlled under gun laws again?
By the way, if you’re a leftist and think big government should take care of the mentally ill like this murderer, UK taxpayers paid out £674 million in 2014-15 for mental health services to the EU. The UK only got £50 million of that back. Yeah. What a great deal you Brits are getting from being a part of the EU!
Will they vote to leave the EU like they should? The fact that I have to say, “I doubt it,” or even “I don’t know” shows you how bad things are in Europe.
As I’ve explained before, if you live in an EU country and you value your future happiness, you need to make plans to move somewhere else. Europe’s future is very dark. (And coming from a guy who lives in the USA, that’s saying something.)